Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Life of bees

My husband has many outdoor hobbies and the latest is beekeeping. In the spring he taps trees for maple syrup and now I will have honey to add to my healthy sweetener options. Anyway, the bees are here and they were setting up their hive at our house this week. After a couple of days, several bees were dead on the ground outside the hive. I guess they work really hard collecting pollen and then they die. Thousands are born each day and thousands die. A fact I did not know. The other bees carry the dead ones that die in the hive out.

As I have been working hard the past few weeks, I guess I am glad I am not a bee. I would have been dead by now! I could see my co-workers pulling me out of the office and dropping me in the parking lot. I am just not sure who they would find to replace me as the software trainer!

Anyway... here is a shot of our bees!

1 comment:

  1. There's a lot to learn from bees - did you see the movie or read the book? I like the idea of home grown honey! BTW, the t-ball player and sister are our grandkids. Cute, huh?

    ReplyDelete