Monday, April 13, 2009

Back to Reality


The sun has set on my Florida vacation.


I did have a fabulous time though. I was able to get online a couple of times to catch up on the posts for the blogs I follow. It was great to stay connected. The weather in Bonita was beautiful. Only 1 or 2 days in the 70's with the rest in the 80's. Then I return to lovely Indiana and today was in the 40's with rain. Yuck. I started a fire in our wood stove and have been depressed all day. Spring in the Midwest just stinks.

Now that I am back to reality, it is time to get back to the work of losing some more weight. I did have a really good body image week when I was there. My husband was pleasantly shocked when I first put on my suit. He was surprised that I had toned up and lost what I did. I am even brave enough to put my picture up here in a bathing suit. Shock and awe. Here it is.



I am far from where I want to be but did improve upon where I was last year. I am seeing progress.

I was very much so "off plan" while on vacation. I did not pay any attention to choices but did not eat very large portions. There was more to do while there and I was busy so eating was not as big of a priority. I did allow myself to eat foods that I would not normally so now I have will have to fight some cravings as I go back to my normal way of eating.

I really just did not think about my weight issues at all while gone. I didn't thing about work either or any sort of responsibilities. I was very carefree and relaxed and I want to go back now! It just felt good to just be without trying to change something or worrying about results or any of that.

I am working right now on establishing some goals for myself and I plan to weigh tomorrow AM. Yikes - not really looking forward to that but just need to get it done. As the title of my post says ... back to reality and that includes me seeing what damage might have been done in the past week and a half.

1 comment: