Thursday, April 16, 2009

Just a little better

I am trying to give myself some credit for today. I was a little better. One of my goals which I will start posting next week is to track all of my food. I have a tendency to go into denial mode when I overeat. It is as if I am saying... If I ignore this, it really didn't happen. Except it did, and I didn't count it so I have no idea how much I really ate. Then I have this wonderful excuse for why weigh in day does not go so well. "How did that happen, I didn't lose weight... is that possible" Oh yes Sharon it is when you snack at night or while cooking and do not acknowledge or hold yourself accountable, yes that will happen.

So I know I really need to work on tracking what I eat - all of it. I use Fit Day and it is an easy, handy tool. Monday and Tuesday I blew it and did not track. Wednesday I ended up eating at night but I tracked it all and came in at 2069 calories. Then today I was at 1465 and came in at 8 pm a little hungry. I grabbed a handful of chips and a slice of cheese and then realized I was doing it AGAIN! I came in to my tracker and put it what I had eaten and was at 1690. So that is where I will end this day. At least I caught myself and stopped it.

My Fitness magazine had a good article about mental blocks and how to overcome them. Also another blog I follow had an excellent post on wanting something you know you really do not want but feeling driven to eat it and yet not eating it and then being really sad because you cannot have that food. I thought about how this is a mental block for me to think I can actually not do it when I really want to eat comfort foods. I want to eat them, I am driven to eat them and I regularly do eat them. There is the option to not eat them and tonight when I exercised that option to stop myself, I did feel a little sad as I could not have what I wanted to eat. I came here to post to help with the sad feelings.

An interesting point is I do not feel this way all month. It seems to be strongest right before my period so possibly it is hormone related. I am not sure. I will continue to challenge myself and work through this pattern of behavior which I know is standing between me and my goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment