Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weekly Update

Here is my weekly update. My weight ended up at 169.8. Which is surprising honestly when you look at my where I came in with my goals:



I originally had 5 goals but decided my biggest obstacle is just tracking what I eat. I have a tendency to give up and not get it done. I just need to understand what I am eating so I can start to work on what I need to do to cut back to weight loss level. All those non-tracking days, I am positive I was above 1500 calories.

My only explanation for the loss is I cleaned up my yard for about 8 hours total over the weekend. It was a lot of work Friday and Saturday and even 1 hour in the rain on Sunday. We had ice storms in my area over the winter and their were tens of thousands of limbs down. Big and little. I woke up Saturday after working in my yard 5 hours on Friday and could not bend over and touch my toes. I always wondered what those "dead lift" exercises actually did for your hams and glutes well now I know after picking up stick after stick to put it in my wheelbarrow. I was working on a 2 acre yard so was walking quite a bit to get to my burn pile and pushing that wheel barrow loaded with sticks. I must have burned a few calories off I ate earlier in the week? I am hoping this weight sticks for next week.

I am going to have a really rough week at work. I am working on implementing a new software package and I am working 8 - 4:30 and then going back from 8 - midnight to train the off shift people. I have a couple of worries: exercise time, blogging time and food journal logging time. I will only get about 2.5 house at home with my family due to commute time and still need to help prepare dinner and do homework. I got in exercise yesterday. But will not today. I am hoping to get it in Mon - Wed - Fri then will need to work out Saturday and Sunday this weekend. I am also committed to logging my food which means I will probably not blog much this week. I will be reading the other blogs I follow as everyones posts keep me motivated.

I have a parting thought that I picked up in church this weekend, the verse is

"But we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance, perseverance, character and character, hope.


Funny I never ever have rejoiced in my sufferings but through them is where I do all my personal growth which explains the perseverance brings about character. Not sure if Paul meant weight loss when he wrote this verse in Romans! But I can apply it to that area of my life. Well maybe not weight loss but more the desire to live a different life. To not be burdened with the unhealthy food desires I have. I am committed to continual improvement in this area of my life.

I hope you all have a good week and come closer to meeting your personal goals.

1 comment:

  1. Well, my personal goal is to not die of a heart attack once I get home and step on the scale! Sounds like things are going well for you. In reference to your concerns about being too busy to track your eating, consider how much time it REALLY takes. I've just kept a running total on a slip of paper I kept in my pocket with good results. It's just a matter of making it a priority (these words from the very person who is probably up a couple pounds).

    ReplyDelete