Monday, March 16, 2009

A New Answer

I have been waiting for someone to notice I have lost some weight and how would I handle the inevitable question of "How did you do it" In the past, I could have said Weight Watchers, Herbalife, Atkins, etc... This time I am not on a program. I thought about answering the question with "eat less, exercise more" or "portion control" which are both true in a sense.

Well I got the question over the weekend and I said - "I am on the either or plan" and my friend looked at me and I said I can have either this or that but not both. The this and that in question this night was either an alcoholic drink with dinner or a dessert after dinner but could not have both. I chose the drink by the way - the cookie could not be savored like my glass of wine.

My friend laughed and I elaborated by saying - in the past I was all or nothing and now I am learning balance and I can have some things to eat that are not "diet foods" but I just can't have them all the time and every day. I am learning I can be an "either or" person instead of a "both" person and it is working for me.

It was the first time I felt good about my answer. I will keep moving forward towards optimum health and fitness.

1 comment:

  1. Hey - I really like that answer! And when you think about it, it's a concept we need to be able to grasp for weight maintenance as well. So I'm wondering . . . have you run again?

    ReplyDelete