Monday, March 9, 2009

Swimsuit shopping

Well I am heading off to Florida in 3 1/2 weeks and I went to get my swimsuit yesterday. I have realized by observing and listening to my thin friends that no one really likes to go swim suit shopping regardless of what their size is! Even my tiny friends do not look like the women in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Edition. Most women outside of Hollywood have some body flaws. As I have matured/aged I realize that I am not Giselle Bundchen and I am never going to turn heads on the beach.

With this in mind, I try to find a suit I will be comfortable in that is still somewhat fashionable. My first stop was Kohl's and their in store selection DID NOT match their website. I do live in Indiana and it is not exactly swimsuit season around here so maybe that explains it. I tried a couple on and did not really like them. Target was my next stop and I found a suit I loved in a color that will flatter my skin tone. I was very happy all for $30. Then today while online I found the almost identical suit on a Fox News Feature on swimsuits for pear shaped women. So I must have made a good choice. Of course none of the models in the pictures were pear shaped which I found rather amusing.

My spirits were really raised by the whole experience which is new for me. I went into the experience being really honest about my body and it's current size - I am not at my goal weight so I went in being realistic. As I tried on suits, I still have the same areas of my body I wish had less cellulite, more toned, etc... but I did not pick them apart in the dressing room. I was able to notice the positives about my body. My top is slimmer especially my shoulders and my arms are looking toned. My legs although the largest part of my body along with my behind are still well, larger but I was able to see the incredible muscle tone I am developing in my quads. I realize that as I shed some more pounds that my muscle tone will shine through and I will look amazingly fit.

I am so hopeful for what my body will become and so accepting of what it is today. Besides, I have great friends I am going on vacation with who could care less what I look like in a suit and I am going to have a great vacation regardless of the remaining cellulite on my thighs.

2 comments:

  1. It's wonderful that you're able to be more accepting of your body. It is a wonderful body, after all, look at everything it has done for you this many years! And every day it just does it all over, again and again. The more you love your body the move you will want to care for it. Honor your body!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, almost forgot . . . have a great time in Florida too!

    ReplyDelete