Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Springtime in Indiana

Well it is springtime here in the midwest and that means --- really inconsistent weather swings! It was 60 on Saturday, 70 on Sunday, 55 yesterday and barely 60 today. I am really glad I went for my outdoor exercise session on Sunday.

In honor of our cooler temperatures, I made split pea soup from scratch. I love this soup but have to admit that the eye appeal is really lacking. My son was quite shocked when he saw the color of my soup. It does look pretty nasty but tastes good.

I have been trying to incorporate more beans and legumes into my diet to up my fiber intake and get a good protein source not from an animal. I definately consider meat my least favorite food group.

I had a better sleeping night last night. It was a bit iffy at first, I just kept saying to myself... relax... relax... relax... Partly I am worried that it will become mental for me. I am going to keep an eye on the situation and make a note each day in my food journal if I slept ok or not. That way I can establish patterns to see if it could be hormonal related as Carol suggested.

1 comment:

  1. I do miss the beautiful spring time in Indiana. Here in the desert, there aren't very many trees so I sort of get "hungry for green". I also miss those heavy rain storms. (Of course, the humidy that results from it is something I don't miss at all). Anyway, I hope you get the sleep thing figured out because I know how miserable it can be.

    ReplyDelete